Thank you for visiting the Web site of the American Rental Association (“ARA”). Please read the following Privacy Notice (“Notice”) carefully. All products and services on the ARA Web site, located at www.ARArental.org (the “Site”) are made available subject to this Notice.
OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY: We at ARA respect your privacy and assure you that we are committed to protecting and safeguarding your information. Our privacy notice covers ARA and its Web sites. To better protect your privacy, we provide this Notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this Notice easy to find, we make it available on our home page and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT: This Notice applies to all information collected on or submitted to our Site. On some pages, you can order products, make requests and register to receive materials. This Site may contain forms for visitors to request information, products and services. These forms may ask for contact information (such as your phone number or e-mail address), unique identifiers (usually your ARA member business ID number), financial information (for example, your credit card number) or demographic information (for example, your location).
Contact information from these forms is used to provide the products, services or memberships that you request. Forms on our Site that request financial information do so in order to bill you for products or services ordered. Unique identifiers (specifically, your ARA business member ID number) are collected from Site visitors to verify the user’s identity for access to restricted content or features on the Site.
The types of personal information collected at these pages are: Name, Address, E-mail address, Phone number and Credit/Debit Card information.
DATA RETENTION: We will store the personal information that we collect for as long as necessary to fulfill purposes for which the information was collected, to fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, to comply with applicable law, or as otherwise disclosed to you.
SEND REQUEST FUNCTIONALITY: ARA may provide users of this site with the ability to send a request for rental reservation or information to a participating rental store (“Send Request Functionality”). ARA may choose, but is not obligated, to monitor the Send Request Functionality to assure proper working order and general customer satisfaction.
ARA MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS: You are sharing personally identifiable information, including your name, mailing address and contact information, with us when you join ARA or renew your ARA membership through our Site. ARA members are given an ARA business membership number and this member ID and password enables members to take advantage of restricted content and features on the ARA Site.
OTHER REGISTRATION: You may be asked for personal information when registering for specific services. For example, if you subscribe to Rental Management magazine and the e-mail newsletter RentalPulse, you may be asked to provide your e-mail and mailing address.
ONLINE PURCHASES: We also ask for personal information when you make a purchase using the ARA online store portion of the Site.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION: We process your personal information to present our Site and its content to you and to provide (and improve) the products and services that we offer our customers and clients.
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Placing an order: We use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order to fulfill the contract with you and complete that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
- Responding to customer inquiries: We use return e-mail addresses for our legitimate interest in answering the e-mail we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
- Communicating with you: You can register with our Site if you would like to receive updates on our new products and services. Information you submit on our Site will not be used for this purpose unless you consent to such uses by filling out the registration form.
- Improving the Site and Advertising: We use non-identifying and aggregate information for our legitimate interests in better designing our Site, sharing the information with advertisers, and marketing our products and services. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our Site and the demographic distribution of these individuals.
- Administrative purposes: We may use your personal information for our legitimate interest in using or transferring your personal information within our organization for internal administrative and operations purposes.
- Complying with legal obligations: Under certain circumstances, we will be required to collect and process your personal information to fulfil a legal obligation. For example, we may collect information from individuals for identification verification purposes. We will cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities, subpoenas, court orders, governmental, regulatory, or administrative requests requesting or directing us to disclose information of anyone posting materials on or through our website.
- Other purposes: We may also seek your consent to process your personal information for specific purposes. When you provide your consent to process your personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time. We may also use your personal information to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
We never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: We may share your personal information as provided below.
- Third Party Service Providers: We may occasionally engage other individuals or entities to perform services on our behalf. For example, we may use a third party service provider to fulfill orders, process payments, send email or postal mail, analyze data, provide marketing services, or provide customer service.
- Business Transactions: We may sell all or a portion of our business to a related or unrelated entity. In such transaction, our customer information would be considered a business assets and subject to being transferred to a purchasing business.
- Other Purposes: We may share your personal information for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information, or for other purposes with your consent.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY: To help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, we have implemented physical, electronic and managerial procedures designed to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alternation to data will not occur, we take many precautions to help prevent such unfortunate occurrences. Any other particularly sensitive information, such as your credit card number collected for a commerce transaction, is encrypted prior to transmission.
You are ultimately responsible for the security of your ARA business member ID and password. You may not share your ARA business member ID and password with colleagues or friends so they can access content or features on this ARA Site that are restricted to ARA members only. You should log out of your browser at the end of each computer session to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence, especially if you share a computer with someone else or are using a shared or common computer. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN’S PRIVACY: Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we do not knowingly collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under the age of 16 and no part of our Site is structured to attract anyone under 16.
INDIVIDUALS IN THE EU: Individuals in the EU may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). These rights include:
- Your right to be informed. Anyone processing your personal information must inform you of what they are processing, the purposes of such processing, and who the information may be disclosed to.
- Your right of access. You have a right to see what information we hold about you.
- Your right of deletion. Under certain circumstances you may request deletion of your information.
- Your right of correction. You have the right to have incorrect information about you corrected. Review the section “How to Correct Your Information” below for details on how to submit a request for correction.
- Your right to restrict processing. You may ask us to temporarily stop processing your information.
- Your right to object. You may object to the processing of your information which is inconsistent with the primary purpose for which the information was collected.
- Your right to data portability. You may ask that any information provided directly to us be provided in a useable format.
- Your right to withdraw consent. When you provide your consent to process your personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time. To withdraw your consent to processing data contact Adam Stemper at Adam.Stemper@ararental.org.
TRANSFERS OF DATA OUT OF THE EU: Whenever personal information of individuals in the EU is transferred to countries outside the EU, we will ensure that such information data transfer is compliant with the Policy and application data protection laws.
HOW TO CORRECT YOUR INFORMATION: ARA business members have the following options for changing and modifying personal information that has been previously provided.
Visit www.ARArental.org, log into the “Member Only” area and click on “Update Your Information.”
Send mail to the following postal address: American Rental Association, 1900 19th Street, Moline, IL 61265, Attention: Member Services.
Call ARA Member Services: 800.334.2177.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. To protect your privacy and security, we also will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
HOW TO CONTACT US: Should you have other questions or concerns about this Notice, please call us at 800.334.2177 or send us an e-mail at email@example.com. Alternatively, you may mail information to us at the following postal address: American Rental Association, 1900 19th Street, Moline, IL 61265. Individuals in the EU may file a complaint with a local data protection authority.
OTHER WEB SITE LINKS: Our Web site contains links to other sites, which we provide as a convenience to you. If you choose to use the services provided on these other Web sites, you may be asked to provide personal information. We encourage you when you leave our site to read the privacy policies on those Web sites. Our privacy notice and statement applies to ARA Web sites only.
PRIVACY NOTICE CHANGES: Material changes in the Notice of this Site will be posted on this page without other written, verbal or electronic communications.
Inquiries or concerns regarding this Notice or any other policies of this Site may be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.